Home » No Restriction For Pilgrims To Perform Haj This Year

No Restriction For Pilgrims To Perform Haj This Year

News From : DagangHalal.com (19 Aug 2009)

PUTRAJAYA, Aug 19 (Bernama) — The government will not impose any restriction on those who have registered to perform the Haj this year.

Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Jamil Khir Baharom said there was no directive from the Saudi Arabian government to restrict pilgrims aged 65 years and above and children below 12 from performing the Haj.

The Saudi Arabian government had earlier issued a statement to restrict the elderly above 65 years old, children under 12 and the chronically ill from performing the Haj in the kingdom due to fears over the H1N1 flu virus.

“The status remains, thus there will not be any restriction and so far, I have not received any directive,” he told reporters after witnessing the handing-over of Malaysia’s halal certification from the Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC) to the Malaysian Islamic Development Department (Jakim), here, on Wednesday.

He said the first batch of pilgrims would depart to the Holy Land on Oct 20 and all pilgrims were required to take the Influenza A(H1N1) jab before their departure.

Meanwhile, he urged Jakim to speed up the process of issuing the halal certificates for applications that have fulfilled the requirements.

Yesterday, Jakim urged organisers of breaking of fast, including hotels, to have halal certification and this would require the certification process to be expedited.

BERNAMA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.